March Madness Trumps Pro Sports Leagues in TV Ad Spend
This chart illustrates that the NCAA men's basketball postseason tournament (often referred to as March Madness) is the most lucrative postseason for U.S. advertisers, beating every pro sports league in terms of TV ad spend.
- Television IndustryHow TV Watching Has Evolved Over The Past 8 Years
Based on the example of Showtime TV series Dexter and Homeland, this chart nicely illustrates how TV watching habits have evolved over the past few years.
- GoogleGoogle Ads Are Getting Cheaper
This chart shows the year-over-year change of the average cost per click on Google ads.
- FacebookInteractions Boost The Effect Of Paying For Facebook Reach
This chart illustrates how interactions with branded content on Facebook correlate with reach.
- FacebookTop Brands See Facebook Engagement Plummeting
This chart shows the average number of interactions per Facebook post for the most engaging global brands on the social network.
- TwitterAsia to Become Twitter's Most Important Market
This charts shows an estimated regional breakdown of Twitter's active user base from 2012 to 2018.
- Breakdown of NCAA revenue in 2010/11 and 2011/12
Revenue breakdown of the NCAA 2012
- College football teams ranked by value* in 2012 (in million U.S. dollars)
Ranking of U.S. college football teams 2012, by value
- NCAA Basketball total ad spend from 2007 to 2011 (in million U.S. dollars)
Regular season and tournament ad spend in NCAA basketball 2011
- Marketing strategies by hotels during the economic crisisMarketing strategies by hotels during the economic crisis
- Decision about a destination according to the information sourceDecision about a destination according to the information source
- NCAA basketball March Madness TV ratings selected games 2014NCAA basketball March Madness TV ratings selected games 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter