Showrooming in the Retail Environment
Showrooming describes the act of examining goods in a brick and mortar store but making the actual purchase online.
In the age of smartphones, tablets and ubiquitous price information, showrooming has become a real issue for traditional retailers.
The above infographic, created in cooperation with the American Association of Advertising Agencies, illustrates how and why consumers engage in showrooming. Understanding the motives behind showrooming is crucial for retailers who want to convert showroomers into buyers.
- Online ShoppingReasons for Shopping on a Computer vs. Mobile Device
This chart shows reasons why shoppers use a computer as opposed to a mobile device.
- Online Shoppinge-Commerce in the United States
This infographic shows key facts about e-commerce and online shopping in the United States.
- Holiday Season E-CommerceCyber Monday 2013 Was the Biggest Online Spending Day Ever
This chart shows daily e-commerce sales during the holiday season. With sales of $1.74 billion, Cyber Monday was the largest online shopping day in history.
- Mobile CommerceMobile Commerce Is Gaining Relevance
This chart shows the percentage of retail e-commerce dollars spent via mobile devices in the United States.
- Most popular retail websites in the United States as of 1st quarter 2014, ranked by visitors (in millions)
Monthly unique visitors to U.S. retail websites in 1st quarter 2014
- Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual B2C e-commerce sales in the United States 2002-2013
- Annual travel e-commerce sales in the United States from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Annual travel e-commerce revenue in the United States 2002-2013
- China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2006-2016China: online shopping market gross merchandise volume 2006-2016
- Average U.S. online shopping order value as of 1st quarter 2014Average U.S. online shopping order value as of 1st quarter 2014
- U.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by deviceU.S. online shopping order values in 1st quarter 2014, by device
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter