Small Tablets to Become the New Standard
Within the tablet market, we are experiencing an ongoing shift towards lower cost, smaller tablets, such as Apple’s iPad mini or Google’s $200 tablet Nexus 7.
In 2013, 8-inch and smaller tablets are expected to account for the majority of global shipments for the first time, as consumers apparently prefer portability and price over larger screens and processing power.
- Worldwide tablet shipments from 2nd quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in million units)
Worldwide tablet shipments 2010-2015, by quarter
- Global Apple iPad sales from 3rd fiscal quarter of 2010 to 2nd fiscal quarter of 2015 (in million units)*
Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2015, by quarter
- Projected unit shipments of tablets worldwide from 2010 to 2019 (in million units)
Global tablet shipments forecast 2010-2019
- Survey: consumer satisfaction with tablet devices in the U.S. 2013Survey: consumer satisfaction with tablet devices in the U.S. 2013
- Tablet brands owned in the U.S. 2013Tablet brands owned in the U.S. 2013
- Best electronic devices of the year as voted by respondents in Great Britain in 2014Best electronic devices of the year as voted by respondents in Great Britain in 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens