Small Tablets to Become the New Standard
Within the tablet market, we are experiencing an ongoing shift towards lower cost, smaller tablets, such as Apple’s iPad mini or Google’s $200 tablet Nexus 7.
In 2013, 8-inch and smaller tablets are expected to account for the majority of global shipments for the first time, as consumers apparently prefer portability and price over larger screens and processing power.
- iPadApple's iPad Business Continues to Slump
This chart shows Apple's quarterly iPad and iPhone sales since the iPad's release in 2010.
- TabletsApple Dominates Tablet Market Ahead of 'iPad Mini' Release
This chart shows global tablet shipments from Q2 2010 to Q2 2012. In Q2 2012, Apple sold 17 million iPads, accounting for 68 percent of worldwide tablet sales.
- TabletsThe Tablet Market Continues to Grow
This chart shows global tablet shipments since the second quarter of 2010, the quarter in which Apple released the first iPad.
- TabletsiPad Market Share Drops to 50% as Rivals Catch Up
This chart shows global tablet market share, based on total shipments.
- AppleiPad Eclipses iPhone Launch
This chart shows cumulative global unit shipments in the first 10 quarters after the launches of Apple's mobile gadgets: the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad.
- Global Apple iPad sales from 3rd quarter 2010 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarter
- Worldwide tablet shipments from 2nd quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2014 (in million units)
Worldwide tablet shipments 2010-2014, by quarter
- Global tablet shipments from 2010 to 2014, by operating system (in million units)
Global tablet shipments by operating system per quarter 2010-2014
- Survey: consumer satisfaction with tablet devices in the U.S. 2013Survey: consumer satisfaction with tablet devices in the U.S. 2013
- Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarterApple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarter
- Apple iPad - U.S. sales Q2 2010-Q2 2012Apple iPad - U.S. sales Q2 2010-Q2 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter