Slow Start for Google Glass
Since Sergey Brin and Larry Page founded Google Inc. in 1998, the company has derived most of its profits from Google AdWords. With the introduction of Google Glass, the company from Mountain View might have set out to change that.
Approximately 0.8 million Google Glass units will sell in the coming year, according to a study released by BI Intelligence. In 2015 and 2016 sales are also estimated to be relatively weak. But, the analysts expect that Google Glass will eventually become mainstream: By 2018, sales figures for the cyber goggles could increase to 21 million units per year. This is the maximum estimate by the way – of course Google Glass could also sell a lot worse.
- Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's revenue as of 3rd quarter 2014
- Worldwide market share of leading search engines from January 2010 to July 2014
Global market share of search engines as of July 2014
- Number of available applications in the Google Play Store from December 2009 to July 2014
Google Play: number of available apps 2009-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens