Google to Rake in 33% of Online Ad Revenues This Year
Google remains the king of online advertising. The search giant is expected to pocket three out of ten dollars spent on online advertising worldwide this year. That amounts to $38.6 billion or six times the total of the second largest ad publisher Facebook.
- GoogleGoogle Is Among the Biggest Lobbying Spenders in the U.S.
This chart shows the 10 largest lobbying spenders in the United States, based on their lobbying spending in 2014.
- iPhoneDo New iPhone Models Make People Think Their Old Ones Are Slow?
This chart illustrates how Google searches for the keyword combination “iPhone slow” tend to peak right after Apple announces a new model of its popular smartphone.
- AppleApple Ramps Up R&D Intensity To Pre-iPhone High
This chart shows how much money Apple spends on research and development relative to its revenue.
- GoogleGoogle Ads Are Getting Cheaper
This chart shows the year-over-year change of the average cost per click on Google ads.
- AndroidAndroid Wear Smartwatches Work With Less Than 25% of Android Devices
This chart shows active devices running Android by version and smartwatch compatibility.
- Digital advertising spending in the United States from 2012 to 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Digital ad spend in the U.S. 2012-2018
- Measured advertising spending of leading internet display advertisers in the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Leading internet display advertisers in the U.S. 2013
- Net digital ad market share of major ad-selling companies in the United States from 2012 to 2015, by revenue
Digital ad market share of ad-selling companies in the U.S. 2012-2015, by revenue
- Breakdown of U.S. online advertising revenue from 2010 to 2013, by industryBreakdown of U.S. online advertising revenue from 2010 to 2013, by industry
- Quarterly online advertising revenue in the U.S. 2007-2014Quarterly online advertising revenue in the U.S. 2007-2014
- Online advertising revenue in the U.S. from 2000 to 2013, by half-yearOnline advertising revenue in the U.S. from 2000 to 2013, by half-year
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter