Apple's Share of Mobile Web Usage Drops 10% in a Year
According to market research firm Net Applications, Android is starting to catch up with iOS in terms of mobile web usage. Apple devices still account for the lion's share of mobile browsing, but Apple's lead is gradually shrinking.
- Global mobile data traffic from 2014 to 2019 (in exabytes per month)
Global mobile data traffic 2014-2019
- Leading e-retailers worldwide in 2014, ranked by mobile conversion rate
Leading global e-retailers in 2014, ranked by mobile conversion rate
- Distribution of time spent on apps on iOS and Android devices in April 2014, by category
Time spent on apps on iOS and Android devices 2014, by category
- Locations of smartphone usageLocations of smartphone usage
- In-store smartphone usage within shopping categories Q4 2012In-store smartphone usage within shopping categories Q4 2012
- Smartphone usage in China in 2011, by activitySmartphone usage in China in 2011, by activity
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens