Americans Turn to Netflix to Watch TV Content Online
When it comes to streaming TV content online, Netflix is the go-to service for most Americans. 63 percent of the respondents in a recent PwC survey use the service to watch their favorite TV shows online.
- Internet usage worldwideThe U.S. Comes 7th for High Speed Internet Penetration
This chart shows the top 10 countries with the highest penetration of 10+ Mbps Internet connections.
- Online VideoPeople Still Prefer Watching Free Videos Online
This chart shows the percentage of time spent viewing by source in the U.S. in March 2014.
- TwitterThese TV Series Had the Biggest Reach on Twitter Last Season
This chart shows the TV series with the biggest average reach on Twitter in the past TV season. On average, more than 6 million Twitter users viewed at least one tweet related to Breaking Bad whenever a new episode aired in the past 6 months.
- Video GamesVideogame Machines Soak Up Power Even When Not in Use
This chart shows console power consumption in the most common operating modes.
- NetflixThe End Of Net Neutrality?
This chart illustrates how the Netflix connection speeds of Comcast subscribers have improved dramatically after the two companies had struck a deal allowing Netflix direct access to Comcast's broadband network.
- Netflix online traffic volume in the United States from 1H 2010 to 1H 2014, by percentage of peak period downstream traffic
Netflix: share of peak period downstream traffic in the U.S. 2014
- Number of Netflix streaming subscribers worldwide from 3rd quarter 2011 to 1st quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of Netflix streaming subscribers worldwide as of Q1 2014
- Number of Netflix DVD subscribers in the United States from 3rd quarter 2011 to 1st quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of Netflix DVD subscribers in the U.S. Q1 2014
- Age distribution of video streaming users in Australia 2014Age distribution of video streaming users in Australia 2014
- Number of pay TV households worldwide in 2012, 2013 and 2018, by regionNumber of pay TV households worldwide in 2012, 2013 and 2018, by region
- IPTV usage by type of device worldwide 2013IPTV usage by type of device worldwide 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter