The World Wide Web is Now Truly Global
Back in 1996, two thirds of the world's internet users were Americans. A lot has changed since then though, and by the end of 2012, the global internet population was so diverse that the term 'world wide web' was truly justified.
- Social NetworksSocial Networks Take Up The Most Online Time in the U.S.
This chart shows the average minutes per day spent with online activities in the U.S. in 2013.
- E-booksPeople Still Prefer Holding Dusty Old Books
This chart shows the percentage of U.S. Internet users reading hard copy and electronic books.
- Internet usage worldwideThe Rapid Rise of the Internet
This chart shows the percentage of American adults who use th internet from 1995 to 2014.
- Internet usage worldwideAmericans Would Choose Internet Over TV If They Had To
This chart shows which technologies Americans wouldn't want to give up. A couple of years ago, television and landline telephones topped that list. Now it's internet and cellphones that Americans find the most essential.
- How Much of Their Online Lives Are Couples Willing to Share?
This chart shows how many U.S. internet users in a committed relationship share an email account, a social networking profile or their online passwords with their partner.
- Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide as of May 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide in 2014
- Number of internet users in selected countries as of February 2014 (in millions)
Number of internet users worldwide in February 2014, by country
- Number of worldwide internet users from 2000 to 2014 (in millions)
Global number of worldwide internet users 2000-2014
- Daily internet users in Great Britain 2006-2013Daily internet users in Great Britain 2006-2013
- Brazil: number of internet users 2013, by channelBrazil: number of internet users 2013, by channel
- Countries with the highest number of internet users 2013Countries with the highest number of internet users 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter