These Companies Control the Internet
This chart shows the 10 companies that reach the largest audience online. In July 2013, Google's various websites reached a total of 1.2 billion people across the globe!
- Number of worldwide internet users from 2000 to 2015 (in millions)
Global number of worldwide internet users 2005-2015
- Market capitalization of the largest internet companies worldwide as of May 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Market value of the largest internet companies worldwide 2015
- Number of internet users in selected countries as of March 2015 (in millions)
Number of internet users worldwide 2015, by country
- Google and Facebook's share of digital display ad spending in the UK 2012-2016Google and Facebook's share of digital display ad spending in the UK 2012-2016
- U.S. traffic comparison of Google and Facebook 2011-2015U.S. traffic comparison of Google and Facebook 2011-2015
- Most popular global web parent companies in March 2014Most popular global web parent companies in March 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens