DC Commuters Spent the Most Time Stuck in Traffic
People from the Washington DC metro area should think twice before commuting to work by car. According to data compiled by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, the average DC commuter spent 67 hours stuck in traffic in 2012!
- AndroidMobile Web: Android Surpasses Apple
This chart shows the global share of iOS and Android mobile/tablet traffic.
- FacebookFacebook Drives 20x As Much Traffic As Twitter Does
This chart shows the percentage of overall traffic to websites coming from Facebook or Twitter referrals. Next to social referrals, overall traffic includes direct traffic, paid and organic search traffic etc.
- Internet usage worldwideOnline Video Boom Leads to Surge in Data Traffic
This chart illustrates the increase in consumer IP traffic from 2013 to 2018.
- NetflixThe End Of Net Neutrality?
This chart illustrates how the Netflix connection speeds of Comcast subscribers have improved dramatically after the two companies had struck a deal allowing Netflix direct access to Comcast's broadband network.
- StreamingCord-Cutters Are Putting A Strain On Broadband Networks
This chart compares the monthly data consumption of potential cord-cutters with that of average broadband subscribers in the United States.
- Total population in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
Total population of the United States 2014
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (compared to the previous year)
Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United States 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States at current prices from 2004 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States 2014
- Market Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of surveyMarket Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of survey
- Public perceptions of city traffic congestion in Great Britain (UK) 2005-2013Public perceptions of city traffic congestion in Great Britain (UK) 2005-2013
- Most congested cities in North America 2013Most congested cities in North America 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter