The United States Only Ranks 8th in Twitter Penetration
With roughly 50 million Twitter users, the United States has the largest Twitter population in the world. The number of active users, i.e. those who actually tweet, is significantly lower though. According to analytics company PeerReach, only 11 percent of U.S. internet users actually tweet.
- Number of monthly active Twitter users in the United States from 1st quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Twitter: number of monthly active U.S. users 2010-2015
- Number of monthly active international Twitter users from 2nd quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in millions)
Twitter: number of monthly active international users 2010-2015
- Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide as of March 2015 (in millions)
Twitter accounts with the most followers worldwide 2015
- Number of U.S. Twitter users 2015, by ageNumber of U.S. Twitter users 2015, by age
- Tennis players with the most Twitter followers as of July 2013Tennis players with the most Twitter followers as of July 2013
- Twitter: NFL players with the most followers 2015Twitter: NFL players with the most followers 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens