China Trails Ikea in Typhoon Aid
China has been widely criticised for its disappointing response to the disaster in the Philippines. China initially pledged a mere $100,000 in humanitarian support for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan before raising this to $1.6 million.
This pales in comparison to donations from the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom and others. Swedish furniture company Ikea has even donated more aid than China, pledging $2.7 million.
- Number of wildland fires in the U.S. from 1990 to 2014
Number of wildland fires in the U.S. 1990 to 2014
- Number of natural disasters in the United States from 1900 to 2014, by type
Natural disasters in the U.S. 1900-2014, by type
- Number of fatalities due to natural disasters in the United States in 2013, by type
United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2013
- Worldwide insured losses caused by natural disasters 1970-2013Worldwide insured losses caused by natural disasters 1970-2013
- United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2013United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2013
- Global insured losses caused by natural disasters 2013, by disaster categoryGlobal insured losses caused by natural disasters 2013, by disaster category
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens