China Trails Ikea in Typhoon Aid
China has been widely criticised for its disappointing response to the disaster in the Philippines. China initially pledged a mere $100,000 in humanitarian support for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan before raising this to $1.6 million.
This pales in comparison to donations from the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom and others. Swedish furniture company Ikea has even donated more aid than China, pledging $2.7 million.
- Internet Usage in ChinaTencent's Impressive Line Of Messaging + Social Platforms
This chart shows the growth of Tencent's instant messaging and social media platforms.
- Internet usage worldwideThe U.S. Tops Global Spam Mail Rankings
This chart shows the percent of all spam in Q2 2014 originating in each country.
- United StatesWildfires Cost the U.S. $1.7 Billion in 2013
This chart shows U.S. government expenditure fighting forest fires.
- Smartphone market in ChinaApple Fails to Gain Traction in China's Smartphone Market
This chart breaks down smartphone sales in four major markets between March and May 2014, by operating system.
- Solar PVSolar Power Made Massive Strides in 2013
This chart shows cumulative installed solar photovoltaics capacity in leading countries.
- Number of natural disasters in the United States from 1900 to 2014, by type
Natural disasters in the U.S. 1900-2014, by type
- Number of fatalities due to natural disasters in the United States in 2013, by type
United States - fatalities due to natural disasters 2013
- Number of natural disasters in the United States in 2011, by type
United States - natural disasters 2011
- Hotels in the Asia-Pacific region - occupancy, ADR and RevPARHotels in the Asia-Pacific region - occupancy, ADR and RevPAR
- Top countries by number of fairs / conferencesTop countries by number of fairs / conferences
- Most popular destinations for visitors of all nationsMost popular destinations for visitors of all nations
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter