This is Why Americans Stay Offline
A recent study by the Pew Research Center inquired about the reasons why some adults are immune to the temptations of the world wide web. While in 2007 15% simply didn’t have access to the Internet, this number shrank to a neglectable 7% in 2013.
The strongest argument against going online remains the question of relevance. Apparently 34% of adults who choose to stay offline, do so deliberately. Although there has been a surge in the number of those who have trouble using the Internet.
- Number of TV households in the United States from season 2000-2001 to season 2014-2015 (in millions)
Number of TV households in the U.S. 2000-2014
- Weekly radio reach in the United States from 2009 to 2013 (in millions)
Weekly radio reach in the U.S. from 2009 to 2013
- Cities with the highest and lowest daily newspaper readership in the United States in 2012
Cities with the highest and lowest daily newspaper readership in the U.S. in 2012
- Leading offline news brands in the U.S. 2014Leading offline news brands in the U.S. 2014
- Leading offline distribution channels for Chinese online dating services 2014Leading offline distribution channels for Chinese online dating services 2014
- Leading offline news brands in Japan 2014Leading offline news brands in Japan 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens