Almost One-Third of New Yorkers Have a 1-Hour Commute
When it comes to commuting to work in U.S. cities, people living in New York have to travel for the longest period of time. In fact almost one third of New Yorkers have a commute lasting 60 minutes. The mean travel time in minutes for New Yorkers is 39.2.
Washington D.C. has the second longest commute in the United States. 25.8 percent of commuters in the American capital have a one hour journey to work. This number is 22.7 and 21.6 percent in Boston and Chicago respectively. When it comes to commuting to work by car, Washington D.C. has the worst delays in the United States.
- Total population in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (in millions)
Total population of the United States 2014
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United States from 2004 to 2014 (compared to the previous year)
Gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate in the United States 2014
- Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States at current prices from 2004 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Gross domestic product (GDP) of the United States 2014
- Most expensive hotel suites worldwideMost expensive hotel suites worldwide
- Hotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPARHotels in the Middle East and Africa - occupancy, ADR and RevPAR
- Middle East and Africa - hotel occupancyMiddle East and Africa - hotel occupancy
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter