The Most Popular Music Genres in the U.S.
This charts shows a genre breakdown of album sales in the United States in 2013. Rock, R&B and Alternative were the most popular genres in 2013.
- Music IndustryCountry Music Acts Earn Staggering Amounts of Money
This chart shows the highest-earning country musicians worldwide in 2014.
- Music IndustryStreaming Boom Stifles Music Downloads
This chart illustrates how streaming continues to grow, while things go downhill for basically every other way music distribution (except for good old vinyl).
- AppleiTunes Spending Is on the Decline
This chart shows estimated quarterly billings per user of Apple's iTunes and App Store.
- StreamingCord-Cutters Are Putting A Strain On Broadband Networks
This chart compares the monthly data consumption of potential cord-cutters with that of average broadband subscribers in the United States.
- MusicU.S. Teens Love Beats Headphones
This chart ranks the preferred headphone brands by American teens.
- Most Grammy Award-winning individuals of all time as of 2014
Most Grammy-winning individuals of all time
- The most successful music tours worldwide in 2013, based on gross revenue (in million U.S. dollars)
The most successful music tours worldwide in 2013
- Most popular songs in the United States in 2013, based on internet streams
Most popular songs in the U.S. in 2013, based on internet streams
- Hotel guest preference of pampering giftsHotel guest preference of pampering gifts
- Favorite music genres in the U.S. in 2011 and 2012Favorite music genres in the U.S. in 2011 and 2012
- Preferred music genres among U.S. teenage internet users as of August 2012Preferred music genres among U.S. teenage internet users as of August 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter