Smartphone Users Love Push Alerts
When it comes to push notifications on smartphones, they can be useful for keeping up with the latest news and events, but there is usually a thin line between useful and annoying.
As the chart below shows, most smartphone users have activated the standard alerts like missed call or text messages on their devices. Also, notifications from social networks prove to be popular with 65%, as well as weather-alerts, which 60% of users have enabled on their smartphones.
Retail and sports notifications prove to be least popular with 37% percent each.
- iPhoneDo New iPhone Models Make People Think Their Old Ones Are Slow?
This chart illustrates how Google searches for the keyword combination “iPhone slow” tend to peak right after Apple announces a new model of its popular smartphone.
- SmartphonesApple and Samsung Lose Ground to Chinese Vendors
This chart shows global market share of the world's leading smartphone vendors in Q2 2014.
- iPadApple's iPad Business Continues to Slump
This chart shows Apple's quarterly iPad and iPhone sales since the iPad's release in 2010.
- App StoresMonthly Mobile App Usage in the U.S.
This chart shows mobile app usage by Android and iPhone users in the United States by age.
- SmartphonesApple Beats Competitors In Smartphone Brand Loyalty
This chart shows the brand retention rate for selected smartphone vendors.
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from June 2008 to June 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Reach of most popular U.S. smartphone apps in 2014Reach of most popular U.S. smartphone apps in 2014
- Number of smartphone apps owned and used in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013Number of smartphone apps owned and used in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013
- Most popular smartphone apps in Japan in March 2013, based on unique usersMost popular smartphone apps in Japan in March 2013, based on unique users
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter