Smartphone Users Love Push Alerts
When it comes to push notifications on smartphones, they can be useful for keeping up with the latest news and events, but there is usually a thin line between useful and annoying.
As the chart below shows, most smartphone users have activated the standard alerts like missed call or text messages on their devices. Also, notifications from social networks prove to be popular with 65%, as well as weather-alerts, which 60% of users have enabled on their smartphones.
Retail and sports notifications prove to be least popular with 37% percent each.
- Mobile App UsageThe Top 10 Apps in the States
This chart shows the top 10 mobile apps by unique visitors.
- SmartphonesPeople Rarely Unplug From Technology
This chart shows how often U.S. Internet users unplug.
- SmartphonesHow Smartphone Prices Differ Across Platforms
This chart shows how the prices of smartphones shipped in Q2 2014 differ depending on their operating system.
- Internet Usage in ChinaTencent's Impressive Line Of Messaging + Social Platforms
This chart shows the growth of Tencent's instant messaging and social media platforms.
- Social NetworksSnapchat More Popular Than Twitter Among Millennials
This chart shows the most popular social media apps among U.S. millennials in June 2014.
- Global market share held by leading smartphone vendors from 4th quarter 2009 to 2nd quarter 2014
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2009-2014, by quarter
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
- Attitudes to push notifications in mobile apps among young people in the UK 2014Attitudes to push notifications in mobile apps among young people in the UK 2014
- Reach of most popular U.S. smartphone apps in 2014Reach of most popular U.S. smartphone apps in 2014
- Apps preferred for push notifications in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014Apps preferred for push notifications in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter