NBC Shelled Out $775 Million to Broadcast Sochi Olympics
This chart shows the growth of broadcasting rights fees paid by U.S. networks to air the Winter Olympics since 1984. In 1984, ABC paid $91.5 million to broadcast the Sarajevo games. 30 years later, NBC is paying $775 million to broadcast the Sochi games!
- Leading U.S. media companies in 2014, by market value (in billion U.S. dollars)
Leading U.S. media companies 2014, by market value
- Revenue of the TV industry in the United States in 2012 and 2017, by source
Revenue of the TV industry in the U.S. 2012 and 2017, by source
- How much can you believe in each?
Credibility of major news organizations in the U.S. 2012
- Winter Olympics TV vierwship in selected emerging markets worldwide 2014Winter Olympics TV vierwship in selected emerging markets worldwide 2014
- Winter Olympics 2010: length of TV coverage in the U.S.Winter Olympics 2010: length of TV coverage in the U.S.
- Winter Olympics: cost of a TV commercial 2010Winter Olympics: cost of a TV commercial 2010
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter