Food Retail in the United States
Food and beverages are among the largest retail categories in the United States. In 2012 total food sales in the United States amounted to $1,376 billion U.S. dollars, up from $836 billion in 2000 and $595 billion in 1990.
- Average sales per store of supermarkets in the United States from 2011 to 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Average sales per store of U.S. supermarkets 2011-2013
- Weekly household grocery spendings in the United States in 2011 and 2013, by household type (in U.S. dollars)
Weekly U.S. household grocery expenditure by household type 2011-2013
- Consumers' deal-seeking behavior in the United States in 2013
U.S. shoppers deal-seeking behavior 2013
- Food retail gross value added in the United Kingdom (UK) 2003-2012Food retail gross value added in the United Kingdom (UK) 2003-2012
- Grocery sales of the top 20 food retailers worldwideGrocery sales of the top 20 food retailers worldwide
- Sales forecast of the world's leading 4 food retailers 2010-2015Sales forecast of the world's leading 4 food retailers 2010-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens