Food Retail in the United States
Food and beverages are among the largest retail categories in the United States. In 2012 total food sales in the United States amounted to $1,376 billion U.S. dollars, up from $836 billion in 2000 and $595 billion in 1990.
- Online ShoppingBritish Adults Favour Physical Stores
This chart shows primary shopping/purchasing channels among adults in Great Britain.
- United StatesThe Richest Families in America
This chart shows the top 10 wealthiest families in the United States in 2014.
- AmazonAmazon Prime Members Heavily Outspend Non-Prime Customers
This chart shows how much Amazon Prime members spend on Amazon.com compared to regular customers.
- AmazonAmazon's Online Sales Dwarf the Competition
This chart shows the the 10 largest online retailers in the United States, based on online retail sales in 2013.
- PriceA PS4 Costs 4x as Much in Brazil as in the U.S.
This chart shows the suggested retail price for a PlayStation 4 in selected countries in 2014.
- Average sales per store of supermarkets in the United States from 2011 to 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Average sales per store of U.S. supermarkets 2011-2013
- Weekly household grocery spendings in the United States in 2011 and 2013, by household type (in U.S. dollars)
Weekly U.S. household grocery expenditure by household type 2011-2013
- Consumers' deal-seeking behavior in the United States in 2013
U.S. shoppers deal-seeking behavior 2013
- Grocery sales of the top 20 food retailers worldwideGrocery sales of the top 20 food retailers worldwide
- Sales forecast of the world's leading 4 food retailers 2010-2015Sales forecast of the world's leading 4 food retailers 2010-2015
- Food market share of North America's leading 25 food retailers 2012Food market share of North America's leading 25 food retailers 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter