Few Users Actually Pay for Candy Crush & Co.
King Digital Entertainment, maker of the hit game Candy Crash Saga, filed for a $500 million IPO yesterday and published a handful of data in its F-1 filing. According to the filing, King's games get played by 304 million users each months, of which more than 100 million play every day. The number of paying customers is much lower though: in the fourth quarter of 2013, only 12 million users actually spent money on Candy Crush or other King games.
- Internet Usage in ChinaTencent's Impressive Line Of Messaging + Social Platforms
This chart shows the growth of Tencent's instant messaging and social media platforms.
- Video GamesThe Vita Launch
This infographic includes first-week sales data of the Playstation Vita and of other portable game consoles such as the Nintendo 3DS.
- Video GamesVideo Game Spending Declines 13% in 2012
This chart shows consumer spending on video games in the United States in 2011 and 2012.
- Video GamesThe United States of Mobile Gaming
The chart shows the number of U.S. Mobile, Online Casual and Social Gamers 2010 - 2014 .
- Digital video game sales in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany and France in 2012 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Digital video game sales in the U.S., UK, Germany and France in 2012
- Revenue of select game publishers worldwide as of July 2012 (in billion U.S. dollars)*
Revenue of select game publishers worldwide in 2012
- Data volume of online gaming internet traffic in North America from 2011 to 2016 (in petabytes per month)
Forecast: online gaming traffic in North America 2011-2016
- Mobile games revenue worldwide 2013, by regionMobile games revenue worldwide 2013, by region
- Mobile games properties ranked by unique mobile visitors in the UK in August 2013Mobile games properties ranked by unique mobile visitors in the UK in August 2013
- Time spent playing online games worldwide in 2013, by regionTime spent playing online games worldwide in 2013, by region
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter