The Most Successful Kickstarter Campaigns
Since its launch in 2009, Kickstarter has helped bring countless projects to life. Many fundraising campaigns have proven incredibly successful, surpassing the initial goal by a considerable distance.
The Pebble watch for iPhone and Android ranks as the platform’s most successful campaign. The initial goal was $100,000 and almost 69,000 backers raised an astonishing $10.27 million. Likewise, the OUYA console was widely successful and its Kickstarter campaign raised a total of $8.6 million – the initial target was just $950,000.
- FacebookFacebook-Oculus VR Is Tech’s Latest Billion-Dollar Deal
This chart shows the value of selected tech company acquisitions (in billion U.S. dollars).
- CrowdfundingThese Countries Account For 85% of Total Kickstarter Pledges
This chart illustrates which countries have contributed most to Kickstarter reaching $1 billion in pledges by early March 2014. Backers from the United States contributed $663 million since Kickstarter's inception in 1999.
- CrowdfundingKickstarter - The King of Crowdfunding
This Chart illustrates Kickstarter's blockbuster success as the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
- CrowdfundingGlobal Crowdfunding Volume Reaches $2.7 Billion in 2012
This chart illustrates funds raised through crowdfunding in different regions during 2012.
- Overview of projects and dollars on crowdfunding platform Kickstarter as of July 2014
Kickstarter: key crowdfunding projects and dollars overview 2014
- Distribution of unsuccessfully funded projects on crowdfunding platform Kickstarter as of July 2014, by share of funding reached
Kickstarter: distribution of unsuccessfully funded projects 2014
- Number of investors investing in multiple pitches on crowdfunding site Crowdcube, up to February 2013
Crowdfunding - number of investors investing in multiple Crowdcube pitches as of 2013
- Kickstarter: number of total and repeat project backers 2014Kickstarter: number of total and repeat project backers 2014
- Kickstarter: annual amount of funding pledged 2010-2013Kickstarter: annual amount of funding pledged 2010-2013
- Most successfully completed Kickstarter projects based on funds raised 2014Most successfully completed Kickstarter projects based on funds raised 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter