These Companies Rule The Mobile Web
Google, Facebook and Yahoo are the big winners of the mobile revolution. According to recent comScore data,
more than 8 in 10 American smartphone owners used an app/mobile website of those three companies in January. While this almost universal reach is hardly a surprise in Google's case (a lot of the company's apps come pre-installed with Android smartphones) it is noteworthy how large Facebook's mobile reach has become, given that the company had long struggled to build a compelling mobile product.
In the end it appears as if the same companies that dominated the internet for years smartly used their size and scale to reach dominance in the mobile space as well.
- Global mobile data traffic from 2014 to 2019 (in exabytes per month)
Global mobile data traffic 2014-2019
- Leading e-retailers worldwide in 2014, ranked by mobile conversion rate
Leading global e-retailers in 2014, ranked by mobile conversion rate
- Distribution of time spent on apps on iOS and Android devices in April 2014, by category
Time spent on apps on iOS and Android devices 2014, by category
- Mobile websites ranked by net reach in Germany Q4 2014Mobile websites ranked by net reach in Germany Q4 2014
- Degree of mobile website optimisation among U.S. companies in 2012Degree of mobile website optimisation among U.S. companies in 2012
- Mobile website search according to U.S. smartphone users 2014Mobile website search according to U.S. smartphone users 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens