Are Landline Phones Becoming an Endangered Species?
According to data provided by the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, landline phones are gradually losing relevance in the United States. The CDC has tracked phone ownership by U.S. households as a by-product of its biannual National Health Survey since 2004. Since then the percentage of households that have a landline phone has dropped from 92.7 percent to 58.1 percent, while the percentage of households with cellphones only has risen from 5 to 39.4 percent.
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Global market share held by the leading smartphone operating systems in sales to end users from 1st quarter 2009 to 4th quarter 2013
Global market share held by smartphone operating systems 2009-2013, by quarter
- Global market share held by the leading smartphone vendors from 2012 to 2013
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2013
- China: production of cell phones by month October 2014China: production of cell phones by month October 2014
- Survey: negative impacts of cell phones in the U.S. 2012, by ageSurvey: negative impacts of cell phones in the U.S. 2012, by age
- Survey: positive impacts of cell phones in the U.S. 2012, by ageSurvey: positive impacts of cell phones in the U.S. 2012, by age
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens