The Internet Won't Save U.S. Newspapers
Recently, the Newspaper Association of America published the advertising revenue of American newspapers for 2013. Unsurprisingly, the numbers are still dropping. Daily and Sunday newspapers generated 17.3 billion U.S. dollars with print ads. Thats an 8.6 percent decrease compared with the year before. Digital advertising saw a 1.5 percent upturn, reaching 3.42 billion U.S. dollars - not enough by far to close the gap with print.
- Digital and print advertising revenue of U.S. newspapers from 2003 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Digital and print advertising revenue of U.S. newspapers 2003-2013
- Daily time spent reading newspapers per capita in the United States in 2008, 2013 and 2018 (in minutes)
U.S. media use: time spent reading newspapers 2008-2018
- Growth of average time spent with major media per day in the United States from 2009 to 2012
Growth of media use in the U.S. from 2009 to 2012
- Global newspaper advertising expenditure from 2000 to 2016Global newspaper advertising expenditure from 2000 to 2016
- Newspaper advertising revenue in the U.S. 2003-2013Newspaper advertising revenue in the U.S. 2003-2013
- Newspaper advertising revenue in Germany from 2003-2018Newspaper advertising revenue in Germany from 2003-2018
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens