New Streaming King: the TV
These days, it’s possible to stream video through a myriad of devices. However, smart TVs with built in access to streaming services such Netflix are proving especially popular. They have now left handheld devices and computers in their wake when it comes to video streaming.
- Television IndustryHow TV Watching Has Evolved Over The Past 8 Years
Based on the example of Showtime TV series Dexter and Homeland, this chart nicely illustrates how TV watching habits have evolved over the past few years.
- Video GamesVideogame Machines Soak Up Power Even When Not in Use
This chart shows console power consumption in the most common operating modes.
- StreamingCord-Cutters Are Putting A Strain On Broadband Networks
This chart compares the monthly data consumption of potential cord-cutters with that of average broadband subscribers in the United States.
- StreamingOnline Video Gives Cord-Cutting a Boost
This chart shows the percentage of U.S. households ending their cable subscriptions.
- Electronic home video revenue in the United States from 2014 to 2018, by source (in billion U.S. dollars)
Electronic home video revenue in the U.S. from 2014 to 2018, by source
- Share of streamers in the United States in 2012, by age and type of content
Share of streamers in the U.S. in 2012, by age and type of content
- Most popular musicians in the United States in 2012, based on internet streams
Most popular musicians in the U.S. in 2012, based on streams
- Smart TV features that owners used weekly in the U.S. in 2012Smart TV features that owners used weekly in the U.S. in 2012
- Age distribution of video streaming users in Australia 2014Age distribution of video streaming users in Australia 2014
- Number of smart TVs installed worldwide in 2012Number of smart TVs installed worldwide in 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter