Life Expectancy Rises as Regional Differences Remain
This chart shows the life expectancy of people born in different parts of the world. While significant progress has been made since 1990, regional differences remain rather large between richer and poorer parts of the world.
- SmartphonesApple and Samsung Lose Ground to Chinese Vendors
This chart shows global market share of the world's leading smartphone vendors in Q2 2014.
- The Countries Where Human Progress Is Slowest and Fastest
This chart sums up the results of the Human Development Report 2014, issued by the United Nations Development Programme.
- AppleApple Ramps Up R&D Intensity To Pre-iPhone High
This chart shows how much money Apple spends on research and development relative to its revenue.
- HIV/AIDS worldwide8 Countries Accounted for 57% of New HIV Infections in 2013
This chart shows a breakdown of new HIV infections in 2013, by country.
- Health careIf You Want America's Best Paid Jobs, Go to Med School
This chart show the highest annual mean wages in the United States in 2013.
- U.S. national health expenditure from 1960 to 2011 (in billion U.S. dollars)
U.S. national health expenditure 1960-2011
- Number of people without health insurance in the United States from 1990 to 2012 (in millions)
U.S. Americans without health insurance 1990-2012
- Percentage of people without health insurance in the United States from 1990 to 2012
Percentage of U.S. Americans without health insurance 1990-2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter