Social Networks Take Up The Most Online Time in the U.S.
When it comes to online activities in the United States, people spend the most time social networking. The average American interacts with websites like Facebook and Twitter for 37 minutes each day.
Email is the second most popular activity for U.S. Internet users, coming in at a daily average of 29 minutes while search and online video jointly round off the top three. They account for an average of 23 minutes of surfing time each day.
- Reach of the leading social networks in Germany H2 2014Reach of the leading social networks in Germany H2 2014
- Most important social networks in Germany 2013, by reachMost important social networks in Germany 2013, by reach
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2015Global social networks ranked by number of users 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens