EPA to Set New Carbon Emission Targets
The Environmental Protection Agency will reportedly propose new CO2 emission targets for U.S. power plants on June 2, 2014. Our chart shows carbon-dioxide emissions from power plants in the U.S. from 1990 to 2012 and includes the targets that the EPA will reportedly set.
Cost of coal and natural gas for electric generation in the U.S. from 1980 to 2014 (in U.S. dollars per million British thermal units)*
Natural gas vis-a-vis coal prices 1980-2014
Number of U.S. power plants in 2010, by energy source within plant
U.S. electricity: number power plants by energy source 2010
U.S. states where coal is the main energy source (as of November 2011)
Coal energy consumption - leading U.S. states
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens