EPA to Set New Carbon Emission Targets
The Environmental Protection Agency will reportedly propose new CO2 emission targets for U.S. power plants on June 2, 2014. Our chart shows carbon-dioxide emissions from power plants in the U.S. from 1990 to 2012 and includes the targets that the EPA will reportedly set.
- Cost of coal and natural gas for electric generation from 1980 to 2013 (in U.S. dollars per million British thermal units)*
Natural gas vis-a-vis coal prices 1980-2013
- Number of U.S. power plants in 2010, by energy source within plant
U.S. electricity: number power plants by energy source 2010
- U.S. states where coal is the main energy source (as of November 2011)
Coal energy consumption - leading U.S. states
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens