Google Ads Are Getting Cheaper
With 22 percent more revenue and a $3.4 billion profit in the second quarter, Google is flourishing. All that money is stemming from the search engine’s thriving advertising sector and the 25% increase in the paid click rate between April and June bears testament to that. Remarkably, however, the price of Google ads are falling. In fact, the average cost per click (CPC) has been declining for over two years, falling 6 percent in the second quarter of 2014. The last positive change occurred in the third quarter of 2011 when it rose 5 percent. All quarterly figures can be found at Google.
- Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013
- Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013, ranked by number of followers (in millions)
Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013
- Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013
- Google's revenue: share generated in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2013Google's revenue: share generated in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2013
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2014Global social networks ranked by number of users 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens