This infographic display the average daily consumer spending in the United States. Consumer spending is reported on a monthly basis by the American research company Gallup. It is based on around 30,000 interviews per month.
Consumer Price Index (CPI) of all urban consumers in the United States from 1992 to 2014
Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers 1992-2014
Annual inflation rate in the United States from 1990 to 2014
U.S. inflation rate 1990-2014
Chained consumer price index (C-CPI-U) of all urban consumers in the United States from 2000 to 2012
Chained consumer price index of all urban consumers 2000-2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens