Wind Power - A Global Growth Market
This chart illustrates key facts about the global state of wind power.
- U.S. wind electricity net generation from 2000 to 2014 (in billion kilowatt hours)
U.S. wind power generation 2000-2014
- Cumulative installed capacity of wind power worldwide in 2013, by country (in megawatts)*
Global cumulative installed capacity of wind power: by country 2013
- Largest U.S. wind power projects as of 2013, by installed capacity (in megawatts)
Largest wind power projects in the United States 2013
- European annual wind power capacity installations - forecast for 2015European annual wind power capacity installations - forecast for 2015
- Projected U.S. wind power capacity additions 2006-2015Projected U.S. wind power capacity additions 2006-2015
- Installed wind power capacity - worldwide 2001-2013Installed wind power capacity - worldwide 2001-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens