Wind Power - A Global Growth Market
This chart illustrates key facts about the global state of wind power.
U.S. wind electricity net generation from 2000 to 2014 (in billion kilowatt hours)
U.S. wind power generation 2000-2014
Cumulative installed capacity of wind power worldwide in 2014, by country (in megawatts)*
Global cumulative installed capacity of wind power: by country 2014
Largest U.S. wind power projects as of 2013, by installed capacity (in megawatts)
Largest wind power projects in the United States 2013
- Global cumulative installed capacity of wind power: by country 2014Global cumulative installed capacity of wind power: by country 2014
- Largest wind power projects in the United States 2013Largest wind power projects in the United States 2013
- U.S. wind power generation 2000-2014U.S. wind power generation 2000-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens