How iPhone Announcements Affect Apple Stock
When Apple releases a new product, expectations are always high. Sometimes these expectations can be tough to beat. In Apple's case, the hype surrounding its yet to be announced products is often so big that inevitably some people feel underwhelmed when the actual product arrives.
Above chart illustrates how Apple's stock price is influenced by the hype before and the reaction after a new iPhone announcement.
- TwitterMarketers Have Yet To Embrace Twitter Advertising
This chart shows the results of a Socialbakers survey among 500+ marketers regarding their company’s adoption of social networks as advertising platforms.
- iPhoneiPhone to Account for 68% of Apple's Gross Profit This Year
This chart breaks down Apple's estimated gross profit for fiscal year 2014 by product category.
- Wages and SalaryThese Tech CEOs Made Billions in 2013
This chart shows the net appreciation of selected tech executives' company stockholdings in 2013.
- NetflixNetflix's Share Price Almost Quadrupled in 2013
This chart shows how selected public technology companies have performed at the stock market in 2013.
- GrouponGroupon in Trouble?
This chart shows Groupon's stock performance since the company's IPO in November 2011. Groupon's stock price has fallen by more than 40 percent since its first trading day.
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Apple's iPhone revenue from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Apple iPhones: quarterly revenue 2007-2014
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from June 2008 to June 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Stock markets - market valueStock markets - market value
- Stock market trendsStock market trends
- Stock market value - largest insurance companies worldwideStock market value - largest insurance companies worldwide
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter