U.S. Advertisers Continue Shift to Online Ads
Last Thursday, the Interactive Advertising Bureau announced that online advertising revenue in the United States was up 14 percent in the first half of 2012, hitting a new record of $17 billion.
Online ad revenue has been rising steadily for more than ten years now, only dipping once in the wake of the financial crisis in 2009. Naturally, the rise of online advertising comes at the expense of other media, with newspapers arguably being the worst affected.
- Distribution of advertising expenditure in the United States from 2006 to 2013, by medium
Advertising expenditure in the U.S. from 2006 to 2013, by medium
- Digital advertising spending in the United States from 2012 to 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Digital ad spend in the U.S. 2012-2018
- Measured advertising spending of leading internet display advertisers in the United States in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars)
Leading internet display advertisers in the U.S. 2013
- Global online advertising spending in 2011, by countryGlobal online advertising spending in 2011, by country
- Digital ad spend in the U.S. 2012-2018Digital ad spend in the U.S. 2012-2018
- Leading internet display advertisers in the U.S. 2013Leading internet display advertisers in the U.S. 2013
- Advertising expenditure in the U.S. from 2006 to 2013, by mediumAdvertising expenditure in the U.S. from 2006 to 2013, by medium
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens