Apple's Q4 Earnings
On October 26, Apple released a mixed bag of results for its fourth fiscal quarter:
Net sales amounted to $35.7 billion, narrowly exceeding expectations. Apple missed its earnings target though, posting net income of $8.2 billion.
Analysts primarily blame lacklustre iPad sales for the (by Apple’s standards) “disappointing” results. iPad sales came in at 14 million units, missing the analyst expectations by more than 3 million.
Apple’s most important product, the iPhone, continued to perform very well. Thanks in part to the successful launch of iPhone 5, the company sold 35 million smartphones in the past quarter, a 57 percent increase over last year’s fourth quarter.
Overall, the September quarter concluded another impressive fiscal year for Apple. With net profit of $41.7 billion on $156.5 billion revenue, Apple underpinned its status as one of the most profitable companies in the world.
Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2015, by quarter
Apple's iPhone revenue from 3rd quarter 2007 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)
Apple iPhones: quarterly revenue 2007-2015
Apple's global revenue from 1st quarter 2005 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Apple: quarterly revenue 2005-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens