Apple's Q4 Earnings
On October 26, Apple released a mixed bag of results for its fourth fiscal quarter:
Net sales amounted to $35.7 billion, narrowly exceeding expectations. Apple missed its earnings target though, posting net income of $8.2 billion.
Analysts primarily blame lacklustre iPad sales for the (by Apple’s standards) “disappointing” results. iPad sales came in at 14 million units, missing the analyst expectations by more than 3 million.
Apple’s most important product, the iPhone, continued to perform very well. Thanks in part to the successful launch of iPhone 5, the company sold 35 million smartphones in the past quarter, a 57 percent increase over last year’s fourth quarter.
Overall, the September quarter concluded another impressive fiscal year for Apple. With net profit of $41.7 billion on $156.5 billion revenue, Apple underpinned its status as one of the most profitable companies in the world.
- Apple's global revenue from 1st quarter 2005 to 4th quarter 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Apple: quarterly revenue 2005-2014
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Apple's iPhone revenue from 3rd quarter 2007 to 4th quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Apple iPhones: quarterly revenue 2007-2014
- Market Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of surveyMarket Research: Global distribution of revenues by method of survey
- Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarterApple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2014, by quarter
- Revenue share of the U.S. office stationery wholesale industry 2013, by segmentRevenue share of the U.S. office stationery wholesale industry 2013, by segment
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens