Facebook Avoids Crash After Third Lockup Period Expires
On Wednesday, Facebook’s third lockup period expired and 777 million additional shares became eligible for sale, almost doubling the company’s float (the stock available to be traded in the public market).
When the first two lockup periods expired in August and in late October, early investors had taken the chance to sell shares and the stock price had consequently dropped.
So people were expecting the worse for Wednesday, as the number of shares released from trading restrictions was much larger this time. Quite the opposite happened though: Facebook’s stock price climbed through the day and closed trading 13 percent above Tuesday’s closing price. Apparently this time most insiders didn’t take the first chance to dump their shares and traders valued that as a good sign.
- SoccerMan Utd Drops Out of Football’s Top Three Richest Clubs
This chart shows football clubs’ revenues by source 2012/13 (in million euros)
- NetflixNetflix's Share Price Almost Quadrupled in 2013
This chart shows how selected public technology companies have performed at the stock market in 2013.
- SmartphonesWinners and Losers
This graphic illustrates the stock prices of smartphone manufacturers in 2011. All values are indexed to the first day of trading in 2011.
- AppleManaging Expectations
This infographic illustrates Apple's stock performance surrounding major product launches. In many cases the share price tends to rise as anticipation builds up, only to drop right after the event. The announcement of the original iPhone was the most notable exception.
- GrouponGroupon in Trouble?
This chart shows Groupon's stock performance since the company's IPO in November 2011. Groupon's stock price has fallen by more than 40 percent since its first trading day.
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in July 2014 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook in July 2014
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide from 3rd quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Facebook's advertising revenue worldwide from 2012 to 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Facebook: advertising revenue worldwide 2012-2016
- The adidas Group's share price 2000-2013The adidas Group's share price 2000-2013
- Stock performance of tech companies following their IPOStock performance of tech companies following their IPO
- Value of global stock portfolio between 2000 and 2013Value of global stock portfolio between 2000 and 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter