Facebook Avoids Crash After Third Lockup Period Expires
On Wednesday, Facebook’s third lockup period expired and 777 million additional shares became eligible for sale, almost doubling the company’s float (the stock available to be traded in the public market).
When the first two lockup periods expired in August and in late October, early investors had taken the chance to sell shares and the stock price had consequently dropped.
So people were expecting the worse for Wednesday, as the number of shares released from trading restrictions was much larger this time. Quite the opposite happened though: Facebook’s stock price climbed through the day and closed trading 13 percent above Tuesday’s closing price. Apparently this time most insiders didn’t take the first chance to dump their shares and traders valued that as a good sign.
- Leading product brands with the most fans on Facebook in February 2015 (in millions)
Most popular product brands on Facebook 2014
- Facebook's annual revenue from 2009 to 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Facebook's annual revenue from 2009-2014
- Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide as of 4th quarter 2014 (in millions)
Number of monthly active Facebook users worldwide 2008-2014
- Leading global pharmaceutical and biotech risers based on share price 2013Leading global pharmaceutical and biotech risers based on share price 2013
- The adidas Group's share price 2000-2013The adidas Group's share price 2000-2013
- Stock performance of tech companies following their IPOStock performance of tech companies following their IPO
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens