AOL Stages Comeback of the Year
This year, while everybody was talking about Facebook’s IPO or Apple’s stock price, a former internet phenomenon staged a remarkable comeback: AOL.
With last year’s acquisition of the Huffington Post, a billion dollar patent deal with Microsoft and improving results, the former internet powerhouse has quietly become a Wall Street darling. On November 21, the company’s stock closed at $35.60, up 135 percent since the beginning of the year. The recently released third quarter results were encouraging, as ad revenues showed the highest growth in 7 years and the company posted earnings of 22 cents per share.
It will be interesting to see, whether AOL will be able to carry the positive momentum into next year. For now it looks like there’s life in the old dog yet.
- Yield on ten-year government bonds of selected countries worldwide as of August 2014
Yield on ten-year government bonds of selected countries as of August 2014
- Currency reserves of selected countries worldwide in September 2013, (in billion U.S. dollars)
Currency reserves of selected countries, 2013
- Volume of global equity trading between 2008 and the first half of 2013 (in trillion U.S. dollars)
Equity trading - global volume up to 2013
- Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2014-2020Total worldwide prescription drug revenue growth - projection 2014-2020
- Year-over-year revenue growth of Amazon and eBay 2006-2013Year-over-year revenue growth of Amazon and eBay 2006-2013
- Advertising revenue growth 2013-2014Advertising revenue growth 2013-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens