The potential of mobile payments is enormous: there are 1.3 billion active credit and debit accounts in the world, but more than 5 billion active mobile phone accounts.
In Africa and Asia, financial transactions via mobile phone are a widespread way to overcome deficits in banking infrastructure. In the western world, the growing adoption of smartphones and the technological progress have given rise to the idea of mobile wallets.
When making mobile payments, which of the following payments methods do you use?
Mobile payment billing methods used in the United States 2014
Mobile payment security concerns in the United States in 2014
Mobile payment security concerns of U.S. consumers 2014
Mobile payment methods used on smartphones in selected countries in 2011, ranked by usage
Mobile payment methods used on smartphones in 2011
- Mobile payment billing methods used in the United States 2014Mobile payment billing methods used in the United States 2014
- Mobile payment security concerns of U.S. consumers 2014Mobile payment security concerns of U.S. consumers 2014
- Mobile payment methods used on smartphones in 2011Mobile payment methods used on smartphones in 2011
- Mobile payment traction outlook as of 2011Mobile payment traction outlook as of 2011
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens