The potential of mobile payments is enormous: there are 1.3 billion active credit and debit accounts in the world, but more than 5 billion active mobile phone accounts.
In Africa and Asia, financial transactions via mobile phone are a widespread way to overcome deficits in banking infrastructure. In the western world, the growing adoption of smartphones and the technological progress have given rise to the idea of mobile wallets.
- U.S. mobile payment usage 2014, by deviceU.S. mobile payment usage 2014, by device
- Usage of mobile payment services in Germany 2011-2014Usage of mobile payment services in Germany 2011-2014
- U.S. proximity mobile payment transaction value 2014-2019U.S. proximity mobile payment transaction value 2014-2019
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens