Apple Is the Most Productive Retailer in the United States
Apple is not only the most profitable company in the United States; it also has a highly effective retail strategy.
According to data released by Retail Sails, a research firm focused on the retail and consumer goods industries, Apple’s retail stores generated the highest sales per square foot of any retailer in the United States by a wide margin. In the twelve months period covered in the report, Apple raked in $6,050 per square foot. Tiffany & Co., a luxury jewellery retailer, was ranked second with sales of $3,017 per square foot.
In terms of overall sales per store, Apple was ranked ninth, with average sales of $51.1 million. The undisputed leader in this category was Costco with average sales of $137.2 million per store.
These results show that good products alone might no longer be enough. Apple’s strategy of combining great products with a first class retail experience appears to be a winning combination.
- App StoresApple's App Store: A Success That Almost Wasn't
This chart illustrates the success of Apple's App Store. In June 2012, Apple announced that 30 billion apps had been downloaded from its popular App Store.
- Firearms in the U.S.America Has More Gun Shops Than Grocery Stores
This chart compares the number of retail gun stores in the United States with the number of other seemingly ubiquitous outlets such as supermarkets and McDonald's restaurants. There are more gun stores in the U.S. than McDonald's, Subway and Starbucks restaurants combined.
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2014, by quarter
- Apple's iPhone revenue from 3rd quarter 2007 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Apple iPhones: quarterly revenue 2007-2014
- Apple's global revenue from 1st quarter 2005 to 3rd quarter 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Apple: quarterly revenue 2005-2014
- Global net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013, by product segmentGlobal net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013, by product segment
- Global net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013, by regionGlobal net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013, by region
- Global net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013Global net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter