Apple Is the Most Productive Retailer in the United States
Apple is not only the most profitable company in the United States; it also has a highly effective retail strategy.
According to data released by Retail Sails, a research firm focused on the retail and consumer goods industries, Apple’s retail stores generated the highest sales per square foot of any retailer in the United States by a wide margin. In the twelve months period covered in the report, Apple raked in $6,050 per square foot. Tiffany & Co., a luxury jewellery retailer, was ranked second with sales of $3,017 per square foot.
In terms of overall sales per store, Apple was ranked ninth, with average sales of $51.1 million. The undisputed leader in this category was Costco with average sales of $137.2 million per store.
These results show that good products alone might no longer be enough. Apple’s strategy of combining great products with a first class retail experience appears to be a winning combination.
- Global Apple iPhone sales from 3rd quarter 2007 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in million units)
Global Apple iPhone sales 2007-2015, by quarter
- Apple's iPhone revenue from 3rd quarter 2007 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)
Apple iPhones: quarterly revenue 2007-2015
- Apple's global revenue from 1st quarter 2005 to 2nd quarter 2015 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Apple: quarterly revenue 2005-2015
- Global net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013, by product segmentGlobal net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013, by product segment
- Global net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013, by regionGlobal net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013, by region
- Global net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013Global net sales of Tiffany & Co. 2011-2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens