America Has More Gun Shops Than Grocery Stores
This chart compares the number of retail gun stores in the United States with the number of other seemingly ubiquitous outlets such as supermarkets and McDonald's restaurants. There are more gun stores in the U.S. than McDonald's, Subway and Starbucks restaurants combined.
- Number of total firearms manufactured in the U.S. from 1986 to 2012
Number of total firearms manufactured in the U.S. from 1986 to 2012
- Homicide by firearm rate per 100,000 population in the United States from 2003 to 2010
Homicide by firearm rate in the U.S. 2003-2010
- Number of privately-owned firearms (per 100 inhabitants)
- Book trade revenue development in Germany 2013-2015Book trade revenue development in Germany 2013-2015
- Number of retail bookshops selling e-books and e-book readers in Germany 2010-2013Number of retail bookshops selling e-books and e-book readers in Germany 2010-2013
- Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2005-2014Cosmetics: Retail sales value percentage change in Great Britain 2005-2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens