Holiday Week App Downloads 2012
50 million iOS and Android devices were activated worldwide in the last week of 2012, according to an estimate made by Flurry Analytics. Consequently, app downloads increased considerably all over the world. In total some 1.76 billion apps were downloaded around the globe.
US citizens alone saved 604 million applications on their smartphones and tablets. China follows in second place with 183 million saved apps. Analysts from Flurry assume 132 million downloads were made in the United Kingdom. Hence, the Brits are the most app-savvy Europeans. In comparison, the Germans, French or Italians are quite modest with their downloading.
- Number of available apps in the Amazon Appstore from March 2011 to January 2015
Amazon Appstore: number of available apps 2011-2015
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
- Total revenue distribution between the Apple App Store and Google Play from November 2012 to November 2013
Revenue distribution between the Apple App Store and Google Play as of November 2013
- Apple iOS: global smartphone OS market share 2011-2014, by quarterApple iOS: global smartphone OS market share 2011-2014, by quarter
- Android OS: number of daily activations in selected months 2010-2012Android OS: number of daily activations in selected months 2010-2012
- U.S. market share held by smartphone platforms 2012-2015, by monthU.S. market share held by smartphone platforms 2012-2015, by month
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens