Google Overtakes Apple
An estimate by "The Sociable" claims the Google Play Store has acquitted itself well in the face of competition from Apple. Currently, 800,000 Apps are now available on Google Play. In October 2012, Google anounced that the total number of apps in its store numbered to 700,000. According to a recent press release, 775,000 Apps are available in Apple’s App Store. Currently, the Windows Phone Store offers 150,000 Apps and thus comes in as a distant third in the competition of app stores.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens