Google Overtakes Apple
An estimate by "The Sociable" claims the Google Play Store has acquitted itself well in the face of competition from Apple. Currently, 800,000 Apps are now available on Google Play. In October 2012, Google anounced that the total number of apps in its store numbered to 700,000. According to a recent press release, 775,000 Apps are available in Apple’s App Store. Currently, the Windows Phone Store offers 150,000 Apps and thus comes in as a distant third in the competition of app stores.
- App StoresMonthly Mobile App Usage in the U.S.
This chart shows mobile app usage by Android and iPhone users in the United States by age.
- App DevelopersBritain's App Industry Is Ready for Takeoff
This chart shows the UK App Economy revenue forecast 2013-2025
- Mobile InternetYouTube and Facebook Account for a Third of Mobile Web Traffic
This chart shows which applications account for the most mobile data traffic in North America
- App StoresGaming Rules the App Stores
This chart shows the top categories in mobile app stores.
- College Sports (NCAA)Apps Bring March Madness to the Office
This chart illustrates if and when Americans use mobile apps to follow March Madness during the workday. According to Soasta the majority of fans plan to follow the tournament at work.
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014
- Number of available apps in the Amazon Appstore from March 2011 to April 2014
Amazon Appstore: number of available apps as of April 2014
- Total revenue distribution between the Apple App Store and Google Play from November 2012 to November 2013
Revenue distribution between the Apple App Store and Google Play as of November 2013
- Number of available apps in the Apple App Store as of October 2013Number of available apps in the Apple App Store as of October 2013
- Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014Most popular Apple App Store categories in June 2014
- Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter