Top 10 Digital Music Genres 2012 in the U.S.
According to a recent announcement from Nielsen SoundScan and Nielsen BDS, sales of digital tracks were up five percent in 2012. All in all, 1,336 million digital songs have been sold for download in the United States. The favorite genres amongst Americans turn out to be Rock, Pop and R&B/ Hip Hop, accounting for 877 million tracks sold altogether.
- Forecast: revenue music publishing US 2008-2020Forecast: revenue music publishing US 2008-2020
- Forecast: shipment value musical instrument manufacture US 2008-2020Forecast: shipment value musical instrument manufacture US 2008-2020
- Forecast: shipment value prerecorded CD, tape and record reproducing US 2008-2020Forecast: shipment value prerecorded CD, tape and record reproducing US 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue household goods wholesale - other Germany 2008-2020Forecast: revenue household goods wholesale - other Germany 2008-2020
- Forecast: revenue recorded media reproduction Germany 2008-2020Forecast: revenue recorded media reproduction Germany 2008-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens