Top 10 Digital Music Genres 2012 in the U.S.
According to a recent announcement from Nielsen SoundScan and Nielsen BDS, sales of digital tracks were up five percent in 2012. All in all, 1,336 million digital songs have been sold for download in the United States. The favorite genres amongst Americans turn out to be Rock, Pop and R&B/ Hip Hop, accounting for 877 million tracks sold altogether.
- Music IndustryThe Highest-Paid DJs Worldwide
This chart shows the earnings of the best-paid DJs in 2014 (in million U.S. dollars).
- Music IndustryCountry Music Acts Earn Staggering Amounts of Money
This chart shows the highest-earning country musicians worldwide in 2014.
- Music IndustryStreaming Boom Stifles Music Downloads
This chart illustrates how streaming continues to grow, while things go downhill for basically every other way music distribution (except for good old vinyl).
- AppleiTunes Spending Is on the Decline
This chart shows estimated quarterly billings per user of Apple's iTunes and App Store.
- StreamingCord-Cutters Are Putting A Strain On Broadband Networks
This chart compares the monthly data consumption of potential cord-cutters with that of average broadband subscribers in the United States.
- Global digital music revenue from 2004 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Global digital music revenue from 2004 to 2013
- Music sales in Australia from 2005 to 2012, by platform (in million Australian dollars)
Music sales in Australia from 2005 to 2012, by platform
- Digital music revenue in the United States from 2008 to 2013, by type (in million U.S. dollars)
Digital music revenue in the U.S. from 2008 to 2013, by type
- Hotel guest preference of pampering giftsHotel guest preference of pampering gifts
- Favorite music genres in the U.S. in 2011 and 2012Favorite music genres in the U.S. in 2011 and 2012
- Preferred music genres among U.S. teenage internet users as of August 2012Preferred music genres among U.S. teenage internet users as of August 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter