Top 10 Digital Music Genres 2012 in the U.S.
According to a recent announcement from Nielsen SoundScan and Nielsen BDS, sales of digital tracks were up five percent in 2012. All in all, 1,336 million digital songs have been sold for download in the United States. The favorite genres amongst Americans turn out to be Rock, Pop and R&B/ Hip Hop, accounting for 877 million tracks sold altogether.
- Global digital music revenue from 2004 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Global digital music revenue from 2004 to 2013
- Digital music revenue in the United States from 2008 to 2013, by type (in million U.S. dollars)
Digital music revenue in the U.S. from 2008 to 2013, by type
- Music sales in Australia from 2005 to 2012, by platform (in million Australian dollars)
Music sales in Australia from 2005 to 2012, by platform
- Most popular music genres in Germany 2013-2014Most popular music genres in Germany 2013-2014
- Music genre share of music industry revenue in Germany 2013Music genre share of music industry revenue in Germany 2013
- Favorite music genres in the U.S. in 2011 and 2012Favorite music genres in the U.S. in 2011 and 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens