Google Revenue Hits $50 Billion
Google ended 2012 with a strong holiday quarter. The search giant posted revenue of $14.4 billion for the fourth quarter, ending the year with total revenue passing $50 billion for the first time.
Net income for the fourth quarter came in at $2.89 billion, including a loss from the recently sold Motorola Home business. For the full fiscal year 2012, Google posted a net profit of $10.75 billion.
Google’s stock price reacted positively in after hours trading, as the results slightly beat Wall Street’s expectations.
- FacebookFacebook's Revenue Soars On Mobile Ad Boom
This chart shows Facebook's revenue growth since the first quarter of 2012.
- FacebookMobile Accounts for More Than Half of Facebook's Revenue
This charts shows Facebook's revenue growth, broken down by segment.
- AppleRecord Quarter
This infographic shows Apple's unit sales in the 1st quarter of their fiscal 2012. Furthermore it shows that Apple is growing more and more profitable: Apple's net income per unit sold (all products) grew 40 percent comapred to the first quarter of 2011.
- FacebookZynga before the IPO
This graphic illustrates Zynga's net income and daily active users from the 3rd quarter of 2009 to the 3rd quarter of 2011.
- AppleApple Outgrows its Peers
This chart illustrates the revenue growth of selected tech companies in the 4th quarter of 2011 compared to the 4th quarter of 2010. Despite being one of the largest companies in the world, Apple managed to outgrow its competitors.
- Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013
- Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013, ranked by number of followers (in millions)
Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013
- Global 2013 ranking of oil and gas companies based on net incomeGlobal 2013 ranking of oil and gas companies based on net income
- Nike's net income worldwide 2005-2013Nike's net income worldwide 2005-2013
- Stock market value - largest insurance companies worldwideStock market value - largest insurance companies worldwide
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter