Google Revenue Hits $50 Billion
Google ended 2012 with a strong holiday quarter. The search giant posted revenue of $14.4 billion for the fourth quarter, ending the year with total revenue passing $50 billion for the first time.
Net income for the fourth quarter came in at $2.89 billion, including a loss from the recently sold Motorola Home business. For the full fiscal year 2012, Google posted a net profit of $10.75 billion.
Google’s stock price reacted positively in after hours trading, as the results slightly beat Wall Street’s expectations.
- Worldwide market share of leading search engines from January 2010 to January 2015
Global market share of search engines as of January 2015
- Number of available applications in the Google Play Store from December 2009 to February 2015
Google Play: number of available apps 2009-2015
- Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2014 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Google: global annual revenue 2002-2014
- Global 2014 ranking of oil and gas companies based on net incomeGlobal 2014 ranking of oil and gas companies based on net income
- Nike's net income worldwide 2005-2014Nike's net income worldwide 2005-2014
- 2014 list of global top 10 biotech and pharmaceutical companies based on net income2014 list of global top 10 biotech and pharmaceutical companies based on net income
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens