The U.S. Government Is Increasingly Hungry for Google's User Data
Google published its latest Transparency Report last week, revealing another increase in user data requests from governments around the world.
U.S. authorities were particularly hungry for Google’s user data, with 39 percent of global requests coming from entities of the U.S. government.
The number of user data requests filed by U.S. authorities has steeply increased over the past three years: In the second half of 2012, Google received 8,438 requests from U.S. entities, more than twice as many as three years ago, when Google started sharing this information with the public.
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of May 2015
Number of apps available in leading app stores 2015
- Worldwide market share of leading search engines from January 2010 to April 2015
Global market share of search engines 2010-2015
- Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 1st quarter 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's quarterly revenue as 2008-2015
- Google user data requests by U.S. federal authorities 2010-2014Google user data requests by U.S. federal authorities 2010-2014
- Facebook: user data requests from federal agencies and governments H2 2014Facebook: user data requests from federal agencies and governments H2 2014
- Twitter: user data requests from federal agencies and governments H2 2014Twitter: user data requests from federal agencies and governments H2 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens