China Now Has 220 Million Online Buyers
As China's online population continues to grow, the number of Chinese online shoppers also soars: a recent estimate by eMarketer puts the number of Chinese online buyers at 219.8 million in 2012, a 23 percent increase over 2011. The United States had 150 million online buyers in 2012, but remains the largest e-commerce market in terms of total sales.
China is expected to become the second largest e-commerce market in the world this year, taking an estimated share of 14 percent of total sales and surpassing the UK and Japan.
- Smartphone market in ChinaApple Fails to Gain Traction in China's Smartphone Market
This chart breaks down smartphone sales in four major markets between March and May 2014, by operating system.
- Solar PVSolar Power Made Massive Strides in 2013
This chart shows cumulative installed solar photovoltaics capacity in leading countries.
- Solar PVAsia's Solar Boom Fuels Record Growth in 2013
This chart shows the worldwide cumulative installed photovoltaic capacity from 2003 through 2013.
- AppleApple Got Sued 59 Times Over Patents Last Year
This chart ranks the companies that were sued the most for U.S. patent infringements in 2013.
- AmazonAmazon's Online Sales Dwarf the Competition
This chart shows the the 10 largest online retailers in the United States, based on online retail sales in 2013.
- Market volume of mobile e-commerce in China from 2009 to 2015 (in billion yuan)
Market volume of mobile e-commerce in China 2015
- Leading B2C e-commerce retailers in China in 2011, ranked by number of users (in millions)
Leading B2C e-commerce retailers in China in 2011, ranked by number of users
- Transaction volume of the Chinese online shopping market in 2011, by product group
Transaction volume of the Chinese online shopping market in 2011, by product
- Hotels in the Asia-Pacific region - occupancy, ADR and RevPARHotels in the Asia-Pacific region - occupancy, ADR and RevPAR
- Top countries by number of fairs / conferencesTop countries by number of fairs / conferences
- Most popular destinations for visitors of all nationsMost popular destinations for visitors of all nations
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter