Smartphones Tipped to Outship Feature Phones in 2013
According to the researchers of IDC, smartphones will outship feature phones for the first time in 2013. Six years after the launch of the iPhone, touch-based fullscreen smartphones are now the de facto standard.
- Global smartphone sales to end users from 1st quarter 2009 to 3rd quarter 2014, by operating system (in million units)
Global smartphone sales by operating system 2009-2014, by quarter
- Global market share held by leading smartphone vendors from 4th quarter 2009 to 3rd quarter 2014
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2009-2014, by quarter
- Cumulative number of apps downloaded from the Apple App Store from July 2008 to October 2014 (in billions)
Apple App Store: number of downloads as of October 2014
- Share of U.S. cell phone users distracted by their phone while drivingShare of U.S. cell phone users distracted by their phone while driving
- Smartphones and feature phones: penetration in the U.S. 2010-2012Smartphones and feature phones: penetration in the U.S. 2010-2012
- Survey: feature phone ownership in selected countries 2011Survey: feature phone ownership in selected countries 2011
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens