Smartphones Tipped to Outship Feature Phones in 2013
According to the researchers of IDC, smartphones will outship feature phones for the first time in 2013. Six years after the launch of the iPhone, touch-based fullscreen smartphones are now the de facto standard.
- Number of smartphones sold to end users worldwide from 2007 to 2014 (in million units)
Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2014
- Global market share held by the leading smartphone vendors from 2012 to 2014
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2014
- Global market share held by leading smartphone vendors from 4th quarter 2009 to 4th quarter 2014
Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2009-2014, by quarter
- Share of U.S. cell phone users distracted by their phone while drivingShare of U.S. cell phone users distracted by their phone while driving
- Smartphones and feature phones: penetration in the U.S. 2010-2012Smartphones and feature phones: penetration in the U.S. 2010-2012
- Survey: feature phone ownership in selected countries 2011Survey: feature phone ownership in selected countries 2011
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens