Google Sees a Jump in Profits
Google is off to a great start in 2013. From January through March, the company raked in $14 billion in revenue.
The company's profit grew 16 percent over last year's first quarter to reach a total of $3.5 billion.
After rallying to an all-time high early in early March, Google's stock price came back to earth in the past few weeks. On April 18, the stock closed at $766.91, roughly percent below its recent peak.
- Internet Usage in ChinaTencent's Impressive Line Of Messaging + Social Platforms
This chart shows the growth of Tencent's instant messaging and social media platforms.
- AppleApple's Growth Has All But Vanished
This chart illustrates how Apple’s growth has all but disappeared in the past few quarters.
- PandoraWill Music Streaming Ever Be Profitable?
This chart shows the latest available financials of music streaming services Pandora and Spotify.
- AppleApple's Astonishing Profit in Context
This chart shows Apple’s net profit in fiscal 2012 compared to the combined profits of several big players from different industries.
- SemiconductorsIntel's Profit Slips on Weak PC Sales
This chart shows net income and year-over-year profit growth of the Intel Corporation.
- Google's revenue from 1st quarter 2008 to 2nd quarter 2014 (in million U.S. dollars)
Google's revenue as of 2nd quarter 2014
- Google's global revenue from 2002 to 2013 (in billion U.S. dollars)
Global revenue of Google from 2002 to 2013
- Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013, ranked by number of followers (in millions)
Most popular GooglePlus users as of September 2013
- PetSmart gross profit growth 2011-2013PetSmart gross profit growth 2011-2013
- Profit growth in the banking sector in China by 2016Profit growth in the banking sector in China by 2016
- Average profit of small & medium enterprises (SME) in the UK Q4 2011 to Q4 2013Average profit of small & medium enterprises (SME) in the UK Q4 2011 to Q4 2013
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter