Android Becomes Leading Tablet OS in 2013
Around 49 percent of all tablets shipped in 2013 will run Android OS, according to a recent forecast by IDC. This would rank Google’s operating system ahead of its major competitor, Apple’s iOS, for the very first time. In 2012, more than 50 percent of all tablets shipped were iPads.
In the future, it appears that the competition between Android and iOS will hit a stalemate. One reason for this may be, that Microsoft, competing with both Windows and Windows RT, will have a 10 percent share of the tablet market by 2017.
- Worldwide tablet shipments from 2nd quarter 2010 to 1st quarter 2015 (in million units)
Worldwide tablet shipments 2010-2015, by quarter
- Global Apple iPad sales from 3rd fiscal quarter of 2010 to 2nd fiscal quarter of 2015 (in million units)*
Apple iPad sales worldwide 2010-2015, by quarter
- Projected unit shipments of tablets worldwide from 2010 to 2019 (in million units)
Global tablet shipments forecast 2010-2019
- Forecast: global tablet sales Q1 2011- Q4 2012, by regionForecast: global tablet sales Q1 2011- Q4 2012, by region
- Percentage of analgesic tablet sales in the U.S. 2014, by brandPercentage of analgesic tablet sales in the U.S. 2014, by brand
- Forecast: global Android tablet sales 2011-2016Forecast: global Android tablet sales 2011-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens