iPhone versus Galaxy
48 million iPhones were sold in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to 38 million Samsung Note, Note II, S II and S III devices. The figures for Samsung are based on an estimate by U.S. financial services firm Raymond James. So far, the South Korean company had managed to outshine its Cupertino competitor just once – in the third quarter of 2012. During that time period, the pace of iPhone sales had slowed as customers waited for the new iPhone 5.
Even though the distance between the two smartphone giants is considerable, it is becoming increasingly clear that Apple’s days of dominance have come to an end. Raymond James analyst Tavis McCourt even believes that Samsung will outperform Apple in the second quarter of 2013.
- Smartphone battery life comparison 2013, by internet use minutesSmartphone battery life comparison 2013, by internet use minutes
- Market share of Apple iPhone smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2015Market share of Apple iPhone smartphone shipments worldwide 2007-2015
- Samsung Galaxy Note sales since launch, by versionSamsung Galaxy Note sales since launch, by version
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens