Apple's new iPhone models, the high-end iPhone 5S and the mid-range iPhone 5C, are off to a great start. According to Apple, the company sold 9 million phones within the first three days after the launch of the new models on Friday.
This chart shows the individual wealth of American and Chinese politicians in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars).
The music industry is two steps ahead of other industries in the ongoing digitization of media distribution. Download and streaming services accounted for almost 60 percent of recorded music revenues in the U.S. in 2012, while other media industries struggle to find a viable strategy for digital distribution.
This chart shows smartphone platform market share figures for the United States, China and the EU5 countries (UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy).
This chart shows U.S. motor gasoline consumption 1950-2012 (in billion gallons).
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced that he would step down within the next 12 months. This chart shows how the company's stock has performed under his reign.
This chart illustrates how brands are increasingly adopting Twitter to get their message across.
This chart shows the 10 most talked-about brands on Facebook as of August 19, 2013.
This chart shows which social networks are the most popular ones among American teenagers.
This charts illustrates how much time on average Americans spend with different online activities each day.
This chart shows the average weekday and Sunday circulation of The Washington Post from 2004 to 2013.
This chart shows the average daily circulation at the Top 10 U.S. newspapers between October 2012 and March 2013.
This chart illustrates the growing adoption of social networking by adult internet users in the United States.
This chart shows how much time Americans interact with different media on an average day.
This chart shows the percentage of traffic on American news websites that comes from social media sites.
This chart shows the percentage of Americans very/fairly closely following the story of the royal birth by age
This chart shows the share of the population that admitted paying a bribe in the world’s top ten countries for corruption.
This chart shows the results of a survey among 2,048 Americans regarding their primary news source.
This chart shows a regional breakdown of traffic on Twitter.com in the past three months. 22.9% of Twitter's traffic comes from the United States, making it the most important market for the microblogging service.
This charts shows how American tablet and smartphone owners use their devices while watching TV.
Yes, please send me a daily reminder for the 'Chart of the Day'
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter