Facebook is no longer the most popular social network among American teens. According to Piper Jaffray's biannual survey among thousands of American teens, the world's largest social network has been replaced by Twitter as U.S. teenagers' favorite social platform.
The reach of Facebook and Google in the online world stretches way beyond the companies' own websites. Together, both companies account for 80 percent of social logins. Social logins enable web users to sign in on a third party website using an existing social media or email account.
This chart illustrates the growing adoption of social networking by adult internet users in the United States.
This charts illustrates how much time on average Americans spend with different online activities each day.
This charts shows how American tablet and smartphone owners use their devices while watching TV.
This chart shows changes in newspaper circulation and advertising revenue between 2008 and 2012.
The chart shows the worldwide expenditure for internet and print advertising until 2015.
This chart shows Google's advertising revenue since 2004 compared to print ad revenues of U.S. newspapers and magazines.
This chart shows key metrics of social media channels as a source of e-commerce traffic. The averages are based on data from 689 million shopping sessions that took place in the United States between January and August 2012.
This chart shows the results of a survey among Americans regarding their media use. Those polled were asked which media or devices they couldn't live without.
This chart shows the top 10 Olympic athletes with the most fans/followers on Facebook and Twitter.
This chart shows the time it took selected technologies and services to reach 50 million users worldwide.
This chart shows advertising revenue growth of Facebook and Google prior to and immediately after going public.
Share of global websites who link to social networks.
This chart shows the year-over-year growth of circulation revenue of the New York Times Media Group. It shows that circulation revenue has steadily increased since the introduction of the paywall a year ago.
This chart shows the growth of Tencent's instant messaging and social media platforms.
This chart shows primary shopping/purchasing channels among adults in Great Britain.
This chart shows the most tweeted-about matches of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
This chart shows how people plan to use their smartphones to follow the world cup.
This chart shows the average number of interactions per Facebook post for the most engaging global brands on the social network.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter