This chart compares the monthly data consumption of potential cord-cutters with that of average broadband subscribers in the United States.
This chart shows that Instagram has leapfrogged Facebook and Twitter as the most important social network for teens in the United States.
This chart shows the motivation behind brands' use of Twitter as a marketing tool.
This chart shows the world's most valuable startups as of June 2014.
This chart shows the highest paying companies for interns in the United States in 2014.
This chart illustrates that Twitter's user growth is decelerating rather quickly.
This chart illustrates how young Americans are apparently losing interest in facebook. Since January 2011, the number of users aged 13 to 24 has declined by more than 6 million.
This chart shows the percentage of respondents saying that “married people having an affair is morally unacceptable”.
This chart shows the Pay-TV services American adults from different age groups subscribe to. While the majority of those aged 49 and older have a cable subscription, younger adults increasingly turn to Netflix, indicating that streaming services have a golden future ahead of them.
This chart provides a geographic breakdown of Twitter's active user base. 24 percent of Twitter's users who actually tweet are located in the United States, Twitter's largest market by a wide margin.
Social networks such as Twitter and Facebook are not only used to connect with friends and acquaintances, but also to stay on top of the endless stream of news we are exposed to online. However, not every social network doubles as a news aggregator as this chart illustrates.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens