The Ellen Show is the most-followed brand on Instagram. According to analytics firm Nitrogram, the talk show hosted by comedian Ellen DeGeneres has 3.04 million followers, just edging out National Geographic at 3.03 million followers.
Does Twitter have a quitter problem? Ahead of its IPO, scheduled for November, the company finds itself confronted with research that suggests its platform isn't sticky enough.
Apple's new iPhone models, the high-end iPhone 5S and the mid-range iPhone 5C, are off to a great start. According to Apple, the company sold 9 million phones within the first three days after the launch of the new models on Friday.
This chart shows the individual wealth of American and Chinese politicians in 2013 (in million U.S. dollars).
This chart shows smartphone platform market share figures for the United States, China and the EU5 countries (UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy).
This chart shows U.S. motor gasoline consumption 1950-2012 (in billion gallons).
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced that he would step down within the next 12 months. This chart shows how the company's stock has performed under his reign.
This chart illustrates how brands are increasingly adopting Twitter to get their message across.
This chart shows the 10 most talked-about brands on Facebook as of August 19, 2013.
This chart shows which social networks are the most popular ones among American teenagers.
This chart shows the average daily circulation at the Top 10 U.S. newspapers between October 2012 and March 2013.
This chart shows the average weekday and Sunday circulation of The Washington Post from 2004 to 2013.
This chart shows the share of the population that admitted paying a bribe in the world’s top ten countries for corruption.
This chart shows the results of a survey among 2,048 Americans regarding their primary news source.
This chart shows a regional breakdown of traffic on Twitter.com in the past three months. 22.9% of Twitter's traffic comes from the United States, making it the most important market for the microblogging service.
This chart shows the percentage of the population that accesses online news by smartphone and tablet in selected countries.
This chart shows a forecast of global ad revenues in 2013, broken down by advertising medium.
This chart provides an overview of Airbus A350 and Boeing 787 orders and deliveries by year
This chart shows what kind of devices Americans prefer to stream music on.
This chart shows the countries where the highest number of journalists were killed in 2012
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", , which inlcudes current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Felix Richter